Aug 02, 2019 Here’s how to do it: Launch the Finder. Next, click on the Applications tab in the menu on the left side of the window. Find the GarageBand icon on the list and select it. Drag the icon over to Trash in the Docker menu. Alternatively, you can press the Command and Delete keys on your Mac’s keyboard. May 21, 2019 How To Uninstall GarageBand on Mac Method 1. Drag GarageBand icon to the Trash. The easiest method to delete garageband is to move it. Delete GarageBand in the Launchpad. Another simple method to remove garageband from MacOS. Launch GarageBand built-in uninstaller. Can GarageBand really teach you an instrument? Could the video lessons teach me a new instrument in one short month? Any sound unless it's plugged into your Mac and, in this case. Install and launch Osx Uninstaller on your Mac Select the checkbox beside “Display system built-in Mac apps” Select Apple GarageBand on the menu, and click on Run Analysis Next, click on Complete Uninstall, and click Yes for confirmation.
Although Apple makes an effort to ensure that all of its pre-installed Mac apps are great, not every app is going to be your go-to utility on macOS. Take iMovie, Photos, or GarageBand as examples: the first is nice, easy-to-use software for editing videos; the second will help you manage photos; and GarageBand is a fantastic app for recording music.
Still, if you didn’t purchase your Mac for creating music or editing movies (or perhaps you prefer Final Cut Pro for that purpose), then chances are these great apps will just sit there on the computer untouched, and so it only makes sense to remove them.
Download CleanMyMac X from MacPaw’s website and clean up to 500MB of junk data from your computer while enjoying all the features of the software without major limitations.
There is a good reason for not keeping these apps, too, because if you have limited storage – let's say a 128GB flash drive – then uninstalling GarageBand will save you quite a lot of space, up to 1GB. Now, just imagine how many Photoshop files you could store in that free disk space!
Of course, you won't feel such a burden if your Mac comes with 1TB or more of storage, but add in iMovie and Photos to the pot and you'll find yourself freeing up to 5GB of space just by removing the pre-installed software.
There are two ways to remove any pre-installed app.
Uninstall GarageBand Manually
One of the features that makes macOS so user friendly is the ease of installing and removing apps. There are some gigantic applications that still require users to go through an installation process similar to the ones we see on PC, but that's not something Mac users will experience frequently. To uninstall GarageBand, follow the steps below:
- Launch Finder and click on the Applications folder.
- Select GarageBand and drag the item to the Trash, or press Command + Delete to send it to Trash.
- Enter the admin password if prompted to confirm the removal.
- Right-click on the Trash can and select “Empty Trash”.
The above steps should be enough to clear the way for other (more important) files, but versions prior to (OS X) macOS 10.9 Mavericks may require additional steps to get rid of any associated files…
- Launch Finder and select “Go to Folder” from the Go menu, or press the Command + Shift + G keys and type the following path in the prompt:
- Select and delete all files in that directory.
- Once again, empty the trash.
Uninstall GarageBand with Mac Optimization Software
Uninstallers such as AppCleaner and AppZapper are usually among the favorite app removal utilities. Unfortunately, their permissions seem to be limited to third party applications, which makes them useless for removing pre-installed apps under macOS Sierra and High Sierra. It is possible that earlier versions of macOS are more open with these apps, but in our testing AppCleaner didn't have enough permissions to remove GarageBand.
Mac optimizations apps such as CleanMyMac include an uninstaller feature, which fortunately does allow users to easily remove any unwanted apps, along with any associated files. To remove GarageBand and free up roughly 700MB of space (as seen in our testing, but it may differ on your machine) you should do the following:
- Launch CleanMyMac (or any other Mac optimization app).
- Click on the Uninstaller utility.
- Select GarageBand from the listed apps. This will automatically select binaries, preferences and supporting files.
- Click on the “Uninstall” button.
Let the utility run its course and in just a few seconds your Mac will have more free space than before.
Best Mac Optimization Software of 2020
GarageBand is one of pre-installed applications which we find on our Apple devices. In a nutshell GarageBand is a digital audio workstations for macOS and iOS devices that allows users to create audio files. But not many users actually have the need of this software. On the other hand GarageBand annoyingly occupies a lot of the already less amount of storage space available on iOS devices. In this article we are going to learn How to remove GarageBand from Mac and iOS. Read along to find out!
But before we move forward with the methods to remove GarageBand, let us first take a look at it’s features. In this way you can make an informed decision on whether you want to remove GarageBand or not. In case you’re interested in the methods itself, feel free to skip straight to the ‘How to’ section.
- 2 How To Uninstall GarageBand on Mac
- 3 How to Delete GarageBand Library Files, Caches & Preferences on Mac
We already know that GarageBand is essentially a audio creating and editing software tool. Let us take a deeper look and learn about its features.
- Audio Recording
- Virtual Software Instruments
- Guitar features
- MIDI editing
- Music lessons
- Additional audio loops
- Third party instruments and Apple loop packages
- Sample multi track source file
Now that we have learnt about the essential features of GarageBand, you must have already probably decided whether you fancy it’s exciting features or not. In case you still don’t, read below to find out about methods to get rid of it.
How To Uninstall GarageBand on Mac
So here are some of the best and simple methods to uninstall Garageband from Macbook.
Method 1. Drag GarageBand icon to the Trash
Garageband Instruments Download
The easiest method to delete garageband is to move it to trash.
- Click on Applications on the left hand side.
- Now, Select GarageBand.
- Drag GarageBand to the Trash
- Or instead of dragging you can simply right click on it and then select Move to Trash option.
- Right click the Trash icon
- Select Empty Trash option
Method 2. Delete GarageBand in the Launchpad
Another simple method to remove garageband from MacOS.
- Open Launchpad
- Type GarageBand in the search box.
- Click and hold GarageBand icon with your mouse until it begins to kind of wiggle.
- Nox click the “X” that appears on the upper left corner.
Method 3. Launch GarageBand built-in uninstaller
Yes, it does come with an uninstaller.
IZotope Trash 2.05d mac full is a powerful application that contains a wide variety of tools that help the user to create high-quality audio tracks. Multi-band Trash 2 distortions, two-stage distortion, and subsequently advanced filtering provide instant audio conversion. IZotope Trash is a distortion toolbox for all your tracks. Recreate your favorite classic distortion sounds, reenergize, and inspire tracks with fresh and exciting tones, from vintage to. Izotope trash 1 mac. I purchased the iZotope Trash 2 (MAC) for a highly discounted price on sale. Rated 5 out of 5. By Jamison Sterling December 15, 2019. Have enjoyed exploring it. Rated 5 out of 5. By Lucas Michael December 21, 2019. Downloads Great, Runs Even Better! Rated 5 out of 5. Creating Textures with Trash 2 for Industrial Music Jun 14, 2018. Rev up those engines and explore some of the sonic textures and approaches of industrial music. Learn how to create them with iZotope’s Trash 2 distortion plug-in.
- Double click on GarageBand to open it.
- Double click on the uninstaller package and and run it.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to uninstall the software.
Also Read: How to Free up Space on Mac
How to Delete GarageBand Library Files, Caches & Preferences on Mac
Remove Garageband Instruments And Lessons Mac
Even after removing Garageband, The library files and other cache files still remain. Here are ways how you can clear those files.
Part 1. Top Level Library on Hard Disk: /Library
- Open Finder
- Click on the Go from the Menu Bar
- Select Go to Folder.
- Type the path of the top level Library on hard disk: /Library
- Press Enter Key.
- Search for the items with the name of GarageBand in the following locations:
- /Library/Application Support
- Right-click the matched files or folders
- Select the Move to Trash option.
Part 2. User Library inside Home Folder(~/Library)
- Navigate to Go
- Now select Go to Folder
- Type ~Library in the box
- Press the Enter key.
- Identify and delete the similar named files or folders in the same set of folders:
- ~/Library/Application Support
- Empty your Trash.
That’s it. All files are now removed.
How to remove GarageBand from iOS
Do you wish to remove garageband from iPhone or iPad? Here are the ways;
- Locate the GarageBand app icon on your Home screen.
- Tap and hold on the GarageBand app icon for a few seconds. In a few seconds, a small x will appear at the top-left corner of the icon.
- Tap on the x
- Tap the red Delete button to confirm.
I hope that you were able to uninstall GarageBand from your Mac and iOS . In case if you face any difficulty, please feel free to comment and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. I hope you found the article informative and enjoyed reading it. This is all for the day. Thanks for reading!